HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

August 31, 2003

Build a disease; they'll buy the pill

Science at the service of the rich:
"Science is used to support what the marketers want," said Alan Cassels, a researcher at the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.
"Marketing is triumphing over sound medical science," said Canadian Women's Health Network spokesperson Kathleen O'Grady.

Exposing people to un-necessary risk? Who cares. Show me the money:
"The problem, of course, is that the company doesn't want to market to people with extreme conditions. They want more of the market," Cassels said.

Deceiving people; as usual:
"They really make it sound like everyone is at risk."

And the result:
"The drug is now one of Pfizer's top sellers."

Hey, this is the lovely and humane capitalism.

Read more here .

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs