HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

February 17, 2004

Bad boy with no manner!

Today, after I read that a Palestinian farmer was killed by the Israeli fascists, I thought to myself how easy it has become for Israelis to kill Palestinians without anybody stopping them from this daily criminal practice against the Palestinians. Then I remembered what a friend told me of his trip to California. Here is the short version of what I remember:

"A few years ago, I was visiting a friend in California. I was at his home when his 11-12 year old nephew who lived near by and was coming back from school, came to say hello to his uncle and to tell him about the "excitement" he experienced that day in school.
With his face full of Joy and pride he started telling what had happened:
"Oh it was awesome, today after school was finished, one of the tough guys went into fight with a little guy and while the little guy was on the ground, the tough guy was kicking him. I got involved, just like almost every other kid in there"
My friend asked him, "so what did you do?" He answered, "of course, I kicked him too."
Suddenly we were both stunned by what he had done and that way of thinking in him and others. After a few seconds, my friend who was clearly ashamed and upset, asked his nephew to leave and not to come back to his house, until he told him when."


Whenever I think of this event, I just can easily see why many Americans always rush to help Israel in "kicking" the Palestinians. This "kicking" happens every day and many in the "centre of world civilization" not only do not condemn it, but all they do is to justify it.

It is just like seeing a 25 year old tough guy with lots of muscle is on top of a 5 year old and trying to choke him to death and while the 5 year old struggles and desperately kicks his legs around in the hope of getting some room to breath, all the "Roman civilized" group who are witnessing this are pointing the blame at the boy and say: "Look at that barbarian kid. He has no manner, bad boy, bad boy. He is kicking. No one thought him that kicking is bad". Perhaps each one of these "civilized" group have a big brother or something who does the same thing to other kids somewhere else and perhaps that is why they can't condemn the tough guy of our story here, as that would require condemning their own heros first. But I have to admit that I can also understand how difficult it is for those who do not like the injustice they are witnessing but feel that they don't have the power to stop it.

All I can say is, Shame on this "civilization" which has no civility.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs