HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

January 21, 2009

Obama's Inauguration speech: Beautiful, but only time will tell if real

I read the transcript of Obama's Inauguration speech. Without agreeing with all of what he said, I see something different in it; something good, something humble, something that has no trace of the typical American arrogance in it and in short something beautiful. If he means what he says, and if he says what means, and most importantly, if he really attempts to act on what he says and if he is allowed to act on what he says, then this may really be a new era for the United States. I offer my sincere hopes and wishes for Obama's said intentions as a whole picture to become reality.

....To the people of poor nations, we pledge to work alongside you to make your farms flourish and let clean waters flow; to nourish starved bodies and feed hungry minds. And to those nations like ours that enjoy relative plenty, we say we can no longer afford indifference to suffering outside our borders; nor can we consume the world's resources without regard to effect. For the world has changed, and we must change with it....
This is absolutely beautuful, and if true, Obama will secure at least one person, me, as one of the United States' fans. Let's wait and Let's hope that he really means what he says. Here is the transcript of the speech.

Labels: ,

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs