HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

July 27, 2003

US Casualties, Good or Bad?

I am following the news from Iraq on a daily basis. What is almost common in everyday events in Iraq, is that one or two American soldiers are being killed. It makes me smile to see that news and I say to them: "you deserve it". But it is not quite me who says that. I cannot wish for the death of anybody. I cannot be so cruel. When I look at things and my reaction to them, part of me starts hating me for getting exited of such news. But the other part, that welcomes these news, starts justifying its exitement: "But, but , they are occupiers, they have killed so many civilians, they are trying to rule the land that does not belong to them, they want to rule the world, they tried it in Vietnam before, they flattened the Vietnamies villages one by one, they had no mercy to Vietnamies civilians, they orchestrated many coup d' etats in the world as a result of which many nations suffered, they did it to my own country, they tried it here and there every opportunity they got, they are the bullies of the world, they are Imperialists, Only money is important to them and not the life of people, ...... .

Hey Hey, hold your horses, who has done all these? The other part asks: "That US soldier who perhaps doesn't even know which one is his right hand and which one is his left? Or, that US soldier who just dreamed of going to College by collecting some money by joining the army and putting his life in danger? That US soldier who (if you look at his entire life, perhaps you would find he) is from a poor or low-income family? That US soldier who is a recent immigrant to the US and is in the war zone only because he has been promised citizenship for him and his family? If he comes back alive that is. Is Wolfowitz's son one of those soldiers too? Are George Bush's daughthers soldiers too? What about Rumsfeld's, Cheney's and others'?"

The answer to all of these are given as: ".... but, do these facts justify participating in the occupation of other countries? Does improving their financial conditions justify destroying others'? They shouldn't disgrace themselves by joining an occupying army. They can love their country gracefully and for the same reason, they can prevent the destruction of their country's image by stopping their leaders from these acts of agressions against other nations in the world. Yes, they are not living up to their real responsibilities.

See, each part of me has some points. But it makes it dificult for me to adopt one side's thinkings. I wish I didn't have to face this challenge. Deep down, I'de like to be shaken and horrified by the news of the US casualties as I do for Iraqis and all members of humanity. Help me feel that way, or even better, let's do our part to change things of the way they are, Let's make it the way that there will be no casualties what so ever. Let's condemn our leaders; whoever and from whichever country they are, if deep down we believe they, too, are causing (or at least are part of) all these problems. Let's tell the big business, that these are all your faults and your masked policies that come out of our leaders' mouths. These are not ours. And it is time to stop your "crimes for money and power in our name and in the name of fighting for democracy and freedom".

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs