HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

August 09, 2003

APPEAL: Write to CRTC to support Al-Jazeera TV in Canada

This is the content of an email that I received regarding Pro-Israeli groups acting against Al-Jazeera being aired in Canada. I think it is important to act on it.

If you agree with it, please don't leave it for later on. Send your email now, and don't let Pro-Sharon people decide what we should watch and what we should not. Don't forget, they are organized, they act together, We might have huge diffeneces too, but there is one thing we can share: we want to hear and watch all sides of the stories. If we don't move now, we will loose again. (I am not necessarily endorsing "Muslem Canadian Congress - see below- but I agree with them that we should act now). Even if you are in the US, you can write to the CRTC, and in the name of democracy ask them to allow Al-Jazeera be aired in Canada. Hey, you never know, this might open up more windows for better and more balanced coverage of the events in the US as well
. Please remeber the deadline for your submission is August 11, 03.

Right wing pro-Israeli organizations are lobbying the Canadian authorities
to literally ban Al-Jazeera TV from Canada and we need to speak up against
and such anti-democracy groups..

I am appealing to you to send an e-mail, just a few lines, to the Secretary
General of the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission,
CRTC expressing your support for Al-Jazeera TV in Canada.

Please do not hesitate to use the submission by the Muslim Canadian Congress
(MS Word file attached) as a guide to formulate your own ideas. The
deadline for your submission is Monday, August 11, 2003

Send your e-mail to: procedure@crtc.gc.ca

or visit CRTC's Official Notice Inviting Submissions .

You could also fax your submission to (819) 994-0218

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs