HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

August 07, 2003

Was I helping Saddam?

Believe it or not, this is not a made up story, this is what I had in my dream last night.

Somewhere in Iraq; Saddam was with me and needed my help to hide from the American troops. It was strange because I don't even speak Arabic, and I have never been to Iraq, but he was asking me where to go.

Well, while he was with me, I remembered all he had done to my Country. I remembered that he was the reason the Mullahs in Iran stabilized their control over the country in the name of War time security measures when Iraq attacked Iran. I remembered his brutality against his own people and all I remembered was negative about him and what he had done.

This dream, unlike many other dreams which are vague and are easily forgotten, was very clear to me. I even remember that I also thought of tempting 30 million dollars reward that the US would give to the provider of the information that would lead to arrest (call it killing) of Saddam.

I don't know why, but I felt so sorry for him. After all, I considered him a looser of a war between two criminals. And then, the victor was looking for him. Despite all my hatred towards his actions while in power, it was like my mind was set to help him not to fall into the hands of the Americans. Again, I don't know why I didn't even hesitate trying to help him.

All these were happening so quickly. Seemed like everything was being reviewed in my mind in a very short time. During this short period, I also imagined a scenario in which his regime had collapsed by the hands of the Iraqis and then the Iraqis were looking for him to put him on trial. But there was no 30 million dollar reward. In that case, I felt that this time, I would not hesitate trying to apprehend him and handing him to the only people who have the right to try him; the Iraqi people.

When I woke up in the morning, I felt good about myself.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs