HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

August 18, 2003

You are not helping

You decide to take a look around, see what are being said in other blogs, what comments are left in there especially on the subjects that would interest you. Well, to me, it is sometimes enough to rush to read the posts and comments if they are about Iran. Now, that many (and not all) Americans have become the ZORROs of the day and act like "Liberators", you might wonder what they have to say. Oh, yes, they are talking about Iran and liberalizing Iran; they know how brutal Iran regime is, they know everything, so they decide to become superman and free Iranians from their misery!

Having said that, when the subject is about other human issues such as Israeli-Palestinian conflict, suddenly the same people become "underdog bashers", "victim kickers"; Bad Palestinians, Good Israelis, Palestinian lands, what land? Looks like they know nothing about history, looks like their brain only functions on only selective issues and not others. And the funniest thing is that they think other people are brainwashed and other people should learn about civilization from them.

Some think they have the right to decide what is good and what is bad for others. However, what is usually missing is the talent and the courage for self-criticizing. Yes, self-criticizing requires talent to identify the problem as well as courage to break out of the shells of stupidity to truly realize what is right and what is wrong. Yes, they both are required.

Regarding Iran, their arrogance is so much that, they manage to push many Iranians who dislike and possibly hate the government of Iran to the position that is easy to interpret as defending that government. This has happened to me many times; their displayed arrogance has been so heavy that sometimes my resistance to that arrogance has somehow pushed me to the point that made me wonder if I was supporting the criminal regime of Tehran. Once there was (and still is) talks of attacking Iran. Well, this might be one of those examples. As I have written many times, this is such a sensitive issue to me that I don't think twice standing up to the Americans who dare to use their "COWBOYISM" to threaten the country that is my business and only mine (as an Iranian).

Some other times, the way they see themselves so superior to others, is disgustingly sickening. In one of the comments, I was asked to point evidences to convince the writer that the UN would be more effective than the US in bringing freedom and democracy to Iraqis. Do I really need to convince anybody on this? I don't think so, my answer is very simple: "who the hell are you to decide for the world, who the hell are you to bring freedom (as you see it) to Iraqi people, who the hell are you to .. and finally, you yourself need to be freed from what is governing you which is nothing but the big business." Of sourse, this is not very easy to understand by an incapable brain.

It is scary to see a high percentage of the public in the country with so much "muscle power" do not recognize that UN should have the authority on international Issues and not the US. Yes, something as simple as this is so difficult for many Americans (and not all) to understand. And yet, they consider themselves the smartest people on earth. I don't know if I should consider this a joke or a human brain tragedy but perhaps this is why the oiliest people on earth become number one and number two people in the US.

Whatever it is, it hasn't helped many Iranians in their struggle for freedom for their country by their hands and their terms only. This type of American support for us to achieve freedom is only helping the regime in Tehran and not the Iranian people. This kind of support is only delaying our freedom. The lesser of this type of support the sooner we will be free. It was once said nicely: "If you have nothing helpful to say, if you just shot up, you will infact be helping".

(I reserve my respect to those Americans with independent thoughts and values)

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs