HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 07, 2003

Forest fires in BC - Update

For the forth straight week, vast forest ereas of British Comulmbia is still buring. Although, The fire fighters have done an excellent job trying to defeat this huge fire, the mother nature has not been very kind and as soon as there was some noticeable success againt the fire, dry wind started to blow and made the situation even worse. Based on the latest news, currently, about 250 sq km of the forests are burning, and a change in wind direction can easily threaten hundreds of homes.

For the sake of those people whose homes are endangered, for the sake of the environment which is loosing some of its most beautiful belongings, for the sake of great country of Canada; my second home, tomorrow, I am going to ask my employer to let me go for a week (paid or not-paid) to help Canadian fire fighters in their battle. I will offer my help and my readiness to go, if I can be a help rather than a burden that is. I leave it to the authorities to decide whether they would require my service.

See this and this .

Update: After my phone calls were directed from one department to another, I was finally able to speak to the logestics officials in Kamloops, BC to offer my volunteer help. I was politely rejected and was told only those with extensive training in fighting forst fires are considedrd for help. I was also told that many Ontario fire fighters are currenly in BC helping. However, I was told that I would be notified if my help is required.

Well, I hope the situation gets better so there is no need for extra help.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs