HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 05, 2003

I want to spit on Rumsfeld's face

It is interesting. Couple of hours ago, I started to express my anger from Rumsfeld's visit to Iraq by writing my feeling about him. I started writing that I wished Rumsfeld was near me, so I could spit on his face for being such a lier and such a criminal. I wrote a few lines, then I thought; may be it wasn't very appropriate to write such a thing, although it was my hunest feeling about the man.

After I visited Burning Baghdad: The Iraqi girl's blog and tried to put myself in her position to try to feel how it feelt to have a dirty occupying leader walking freely on my soil, I decided:" that's it, I will write it". It might not change anything, but at least this is how I am sympatyzing with Iraqi people who are beeing insulted one more time by Rumsfeld's trip to their land.

A bit of what she writes:
...."To make matters worse, Rumsfeld is in Iraq. It’s awful to see him strutting all over the place. I hate the hard, smug look that seems plastered on his face… some people just have cruel features. The reaction to seeing him on tv differs from the reaction to seeing Bremer or one of the puppets. The latter are greeted with jeers and scorn. Seeing Rumsfeld is something else- there’s resentment and disgust. It feels like he’s here to add insult to injury… you know, just in case anyone forgets we’re an occupied country.

And now he’s going to go back to America and give a speech about how he doesn’t know what anyone is talking about when they say ‘chaos’ (*he* was safe in the middle of all his bodyguards)… how electricity and water are functioning (after all, his air-conditioner was working *fine*)… how the people are gloriously happy and traffic is frequently at a stand-still because the Iraqis are dancing in the streets… how the ‘armed forces’ are cheerful and *grateful* to be on this heroic, historical mission… how kids wave at him, troops cheer him, dogs wag their tails in welcome and doves hover above his head…"....

So here it is: Spit on your dirty and ugly-natured face Mr. Rumsfeld

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs