HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

October 10, 2003

Former Canadian Foreign Affairs minister: U.S. security measures threaten our rights

Refferring to Mahar Arar's case, Lloyd Axworthy said:" "The case is the tip of the iceberg,".

Axworthy said that the incident highlights the threat that the U.S. Homeland Security Agency, the Patriot Act and border protection measures represent to Canadian citizens and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

"We've developed a culture of rights in Canada," he said. "Are we going to let these erode because of hard rocks in Washington?" Read here .

Well, there is a culture of rights in the US as well, rights of the rich people as well as those who are "good kids" and obey their rich and criminal leaders. A simple travel to Cuba is banned to the Americans, and the president threatens to crack down on those who travel to Cuba. People will be punished if they do travel because Bush doesn't want them too, Read here . Well, we can start calling him Saddam Bush: both criminals, both dictators, both cared for the rich. Well, at least Saddam could speak his language properly.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs