HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

January 27, 2004

Female GIs reporting rapes by U.S. soldiers

"Women say response lacking within military, some even threatened"

"Female troops serving in Iraq are reporting an insidious enemy in their own camps: fellow American soldiers who sexually assault them.
"We have significant concerns about the military's response to sexual assault in the combat zone," said Christine Hansen, executive director of the Connecticut-based Miles Foundation, which says it has assisted 31 women.
The women, ranging from enlisted soldiers to officers, have reported poor medical treatment, lack of counseling and incomplete criminal investigations by military officials. Some say they were threatened with punishment after reporting assaults.

Read it here . Imagine what they would do if faced with young Iraqi women, alone!

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs