HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

February 27, 2004

Please help stop execution of Kobra! - Update

Back in January, I had this post about imminent possibility of the execution of Kobra Rahmanpour; the woman who had been convicted of murder while she did not have enough opportunity to defend herself against the allegation.

There have been some developments in the case, and the execution is set to go ahead on February 28. Amnesty is asking you to write to Iranian authorities and request the cancellation of this verdict. Here is more info about Amnesty's request (Information in Persian). Also here is the latest information from Amnesty's website in English.

Update:
According to this report (in Persian) , the execution of Kobra which was scheduled for February 28, will not happen according to the plan. Apparently, many people have been asking (via letters to the officials and newspapers in Iran) for an end to this possibility. Only a few words can have a huge impact in helping a young woman. Please take a few minutes to write.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs