HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

February 07, 2004

Tariq Ali on War, Empire, and Resistance - Update

Tariq Ali speaks on the subjects of War, Empire, and Resistance. He cautions us not to laugh too much at the NeoCons, or the simple mindedness of Bush, because as he points out, there is a very sincere method in their all too obvious madness. It is fairly long (over an hour plus question period), but it is a riveting lecture punctuated with bursts of humor and you will not regret watching it. Watch it to the end, then draw your own conclusions and take whatever your take is from it. There are some points in his speech that can make an American feel proud for what some Americans have historically done. However, he puts more on the shoulders of today's Americans.

Update:
Also, my thanks to N from Another Irani Online for providing a link to a debate between Tariq Ali and Christopher Hitchens about the occupation of Iraq by the US. Click on this link and in there pick what your system supports to watch the debate or just simply read the transcripts.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs