HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

May 20, 2005

To the US and Britain, only friends are allowed to kill

"Such people must be shot in the forehead," Uzbekistan dictator Islam Karimov once said of political dissidents. "If necessary, I'll shoot them myself." When not personally gunning down his opposition, Karimov keeps busy by instructing his security forces to boil, rape or asphyxiate political prisoners.
And.... Yes, he is one the closest US allies... .
And then after whole world started to react to the killing of hundreds of people in only a few days, the US and Britain were forced to play their sad and comical roles:
"We have some concerns about human rights in Uzbekistan, but we are concerned about the outbreak of violence, particularly by some members of a terrorist group freed from prison. And we urge both the government and the demonstrators to exercise restraint at this time." Scott McClellan said.

and here is what British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said:

I am extremely concerned by reports that Uzbek troops opened fire on demonstrators in Andizhan. I totally condemn these actions and I urge the Uzbek authorities to show restraint in dealing with the situation and look for a way to resolve it peacefully.

Is it not ridiculously comical?

So, Britain urges restraint on the Uzbek authorities who stand accused of gunning down civilians. The US urges the gunned down civilians to exercise restraint when taking bullets from the Uzbek authorities.

How bast**d, how hypocrite, how... .
And for those who cannot see the hypocricy of the US and Britain, how stupid!

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs