HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 25, 2003

Americans are waking up; join them

If you don't have the heart to see the reality, you may not wish to watch . Trouble on the Homefront for Bush and Co .

"Our morale is not high or even low our morale is nonexistent": Writes a soldier to his wife.

....Nevertheless there are some wives of serving members of the military who are willing to speak publicly. Pam Nolan's husband is a soldier currently deployed in Iraq. At the last election, Pam was a vocal supporter of George W. Bush, even joining the National Republican Women's Association. That's all changed now.

PAM NOLAN (The wife of one of the soldiers): Now I completely distrust President Bush and I was one of - my kids can tell you, I was a firm, firm supporter, strong supporter of President Bush - he was like a hero to me.
PAM NOLAN:I was like "Yeah, George Bush, yeah."
Back in January, Pam was also a supporter of plans to invade Iraq.
Pam now thinks the US should hand authority over to the United Nations, she says her views are shared by many other spouses at Fort Bragg.

NANCY LESSIN, MILITARY FAMILIES SPEAK OUT: Today, we want to talk about the three words of false bravado uttered by President Bush from a safe and secure location surrounded by armed guards that taunted those shooting at our loved ones. Those three words galvanised Military Families Speak Out, Veterans for Peace and other veterans organisations to initiate the campaign we are launching today. George Bush said "bring 'em on", we say "Bring them home now."

FERNANDO SUAREZ DE SOLAR: I lost my son in this illegal war. My grandson lost his father in this Bush war. And I ask you, Mr President, how many kids do you need for over this illegal war? And I ask the American people how many kids you need for your gasoline in your car? How many kids do you need for finish this terrific situation? I lose my son, but there's a lot of sons in Iraq right now. And I want and my wife want everyone come back, come back home right now! Thank you.

STAN GOFF: Oh, you know, we were beside ourselves. I have to accommodate that I believe the Iraqis have every right to resist an occupation of their own country and at the same time, I have to hope that my son gets back OK. You know, that's a tough thing to sort of hold on to both those beliefs at the same time, you know. Like, if a foreign power came in and invaded us here, we would fight them

There are more, much more: Real Americans in pain, unlike those entertaining from all this.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs