HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 25, 2003

Iraq: Two sides of the same coin

"War changes us immensely. Not just as a world community but individually as well."
"I have placed young men, ones with dreams and families, in body bags. I have cared for the wounded, coalition and enemy soldiers as well as civilians, many being children younger than my own. "
"I have witnessed the struggle of the people of Baghdad and my own soldiers while we waited for the promised help from my coalition leaders. "
"I came into this war hoping to rid the world of an evil man, Saddam Hussein. Once accomplished, I now find myself confined and surrounded by the post-war chaos and anger of a people without direction and begging for leadership. I see their pain and realise that at this time I am part of their pain."
Said US Army frontline physician, Major Matthew Jennings.

Meanwhile his warrior colleague Major Scott Patton the head of operations for the 4/27th Field Artillery battalion (Artillary? As I understand it means sitting back and shooting artillaries from a distance) thinks the US and coalition forces are doing a good job:
"There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the United States and the coalition did the right thing."
"I talk to Iraqis on the street and you see hands cut off and the horrible things that Saddam Hussein's regime did to these people, you hear about the horrible rapes that his son Uday carried out. "
"It's amazing what these young men and women are doing... It just makes you very proud just to be a part of that team." More here .

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs