HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 19, 2003

US against the world; the ultimate bully

The United Nations General Assembly has voted overwhelmingly in favour of resolution calling on Israel to lift its threat to exile Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.

The vote - 133 in favour, four against and 15 abstentions - follows Tuesday's Security Council debate after which the United States vetoed a similar draft. The resolution got huge support due to last-minute changes introduced by the European Union to condemn Palestinian suicide bombings as well as Israeli extrajudicial killings, says the BBC's UN correspondent Greg Barrow.

But even these concession were not enough to enlist the support of the US, which opposed the text, BBC correspondent says.

Why should US have the power to veto the will of 133 countries of the world? Any of those 5 so-called permanent UN members (even those who act outside UN and international law) have the power to eliminate a resolution even if it is acceptable to the rest of the world (even if 100% of the rest of the world). Why? Why should a bunch of idiots and perhaps criminals decide for the world?

The World should step towards elimination of this unjust privilege.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs