HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

October 13, 2003

Once again on the Canadian-born Israeli refusenik

Sometime ago, I had this posting about a Canadian-born Israeli who refused to take part in the terrorist activities of Sharon government. Once again I read what he said as why he was opposing this actions. I thought it is valuable enough to repeat some of what he said:

"How is it possible that a young woman (a young Palestinian law clerk from Jenin, whose own brother and cousin were killed in earlier Israeli operations - Faramin) can carry out such an awful suicide bombing?" Goldenblatt wrote.

"The only possible answer is that she was driven by an utter lack of hope, that the result of 36 years of occupation is this utter lack of hope for a better life, freedom, self-respect and in short, all of the things that all of us hope for and expect.

"We have turned the lives of women and children into hell, but we are shocked, enraged and demand retribution when the people who are the products of our occupation take action against us."

Goldenblatt is obviously a courageous Israeli who prefers to be a responsible human rather than a criminal.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs