HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

November 22, 2003

Don't let it go Mr. Ashcroft

By now I am sure you have heard about Maher Arar: the Syrian-born Canadian citizen who was deported to Syria by the US officials. He spent about a year in a Syrian jail and was subject to constant torture.

Recently, US Attorney general, John Ashcroft, has claimed that Arar deportation was within law . I don't know what law he is talking about but in short what I can say is that the appropriate place for the (Ashcroft's) law that allows and creates the conditions in which an innocent person goes into so much ordeal and torture is nowhere but in a toilet bowl with more than once flashing of it. Then, may be even Mr. Ashcroft should stick firm to his law and be a companion for that law during the circular downward journey.

I also found this letter to the editor interesting.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs