HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

November 19, 2003

Penalties and repair costs used as "Tax Write Offs"

This is part a report I heard on CBC radio while I was driving to work today. Unfortunately, I reached the destination before the report was finished.

Apparently, some big Canadian industries who were (and are) convicted on environmental charges, had (and have) to pay some penalties as well as repairing the environmental damages they had (and have) caused. So, they have been paying the penalties and making the required repairs like "law abiding citizens".

BUT, they have also been (and are) using the same penalties and the cost of repairs against their taxes and as "tax write offs". This practice still exists in Canada by the big corporations and the government is not stopping them. Not very fair, is it?

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs