HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

November 11, 2003

George Soros says Jews and Israel cause anti-Semitism

George Soros is a familiar name in the corporate world. He is also a Jew. Last week he spoke to the Jewish Funders' Network and caused a stir among his audience. Referring to rising anti-Semitism, he blamed not the usual suspects, but suggested Bush, Sharon, Israel and Jews themselves contribute to this surge.

He said, "There is a resurgence of anti-Semitism in Europe. The policies of the Bush administration and the Sharon administration contribute to that. It´s not specifically anti-Semitism, but it does manifest itself in anti-Semitism as well. I´m critical of those policies."

He shocked his Jewish audience by saying, "If we change that direction, then anti-Semitism also will diminish. I can´t see how one could confront it directly."

Here is a report on George Soros' speech as reported in the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, JTA.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs