HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

November 05, 2003

UNICEF boxes

Good chances are that for the second time in three years my now 6 year old son has raised the highest amount of money in our town on Halloween night using the UNICEF box supplied by his school. I can't explain how proud it made me feel while witnessing him describing the box to people and asking them to help "hungry children" as he put it, before asking for candies. He mentioned the phrase "trick or treat" only after he was finished asking for peoples' help for the hungry children. Two years ago when he was only 4, he was interviewed by two local newspapers and was asked why he decided to help other children. "I thought no body would help hungry children, so I decided to help them", he told the reporter. He had also put 10 dollars for the same box from his piggy bank and this year he officially has increased it to 1 dollar a week out of his 3 dollars weekly allowance.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs