HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

December 24, 2003

To those honourable Americans who value others

Dear my American friend,

It is your Christmas time and I mean to extend my best wishes to you. This is an opportunity for me to tell you that I understand the bitterness some of my posts create even to many good Americans who may at least partially agree with me. I understand your position, I understand that going against the current is not easy, I understand how you feel, I understand them all.

I would like to assure you that I believe in reconciliation. I hate tension. I hate writing that such and such leaders are criminals. I hate talking about crimes against the humanity and I like to not to use any word but love and friendship.

However, these problems do exist and they are realities of today and I can't ignore them. Please forgive me for the harsh language in my posts. This is how I feel. Writing anyway else but the way I write would be dishonest. I must either select not to write or let my writing reflect the way I feel. I hope the way I feel changes by the changes in the realities. I know this might continue costing me less of warm relations with some of those whose each word carries humanity and those who care, but I know, eventually, we both will say the same thing. We will find the common language.

I have never met you, but I am almost sure that I know you. I know how kind you are. I know how important it is to you to see everyone smile. I know you are not selfish. I know you can't be placed in same category as many others. And I know that you truly care.

Let's go after those who create these divisions. Let's put aside our nationalism and think of each other as caring human beings. Let's truly wish for and work towards creation of a just world. Let's do our part together. We have same goals, same ideas and same hopes. Let's put them together. Let's be one.

Merry Christmas and happy new year

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs