HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

July 25, 2004

Kazemi "trial" another shame for Iran regime

As expected, the kangaroo trial in the case of the photo-journalist, Zahra Kazemi ended with no justice. The Journalist who was detained, tortured and eventually died days after a blow to her head while in the custody of Iranian security officials, was a 54 year-old Canadian from Iranian origin who was arrested while taking pictures in the vicinity of the most notorious prison in Iran; the Evin Prison.

Although the accused in the case was nothing but a little guy (a low-ranking security agent) who was thought to have been used as scapegoat to hide the real killer/s of Mrs. Kazemi, even he was acquitted at the end of two-day "trial". It is widely believed that Mr. Kazemi was killed as a direct result of being beaten by Iran's prosecutor general, Saeid Mortazavi; the same person behind the massive closure of the newspapers in Iran. 

At this time, the only conclusion I can draw from end result of this so-called trial is that the hardline-controlled regime understands that by blaming the guilt on the little guy, it might risk sending a "wrong" message to  other "little guys" whom it has in service; that they too, one day might become the scapegoats in other similar cases that are common in Iran and as a result risk loosing their loyalty.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs