HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

March 16, 2005

In the memory of Rachel Corrie, the courageous American friend of the Palestinian people, killed by the Israeli occupiers

The 24-year-old Corrie was killed on March 16, 2003 when she tried to block an Israeli army bulldozer from destroying a Palestinian house near the Philadelphi Route, the strip of land in the Gaza Strip bordering Egypt.

Last year, I had this post regarding the killing of this courageous American woman who gave her life while defending innocent Palestinian civilians. In revisiting the post, I noticed that the three links in the post are leading to nowhere now and the accounts of two of those three are suspended and the third is not available. What the exact reason for this is, I don't know. But it is not surprising if the accounts have been suspended because they represent "unfavourable" material.

Regardless of all of this, the fact remains that Rachel Corrie's memory will live forever, as she was a great American, a great human being who cared for justice for the innocent Palestinians. Regardless of the wave of fascistic bahaviour of many Americans, I am sure there are millions of Americans who do care about non-Americans who are being victimized by the American Neo-Con policies, either directly by their crimes against the humanity, or indirectly by their unconditional support of the crimes committed by states such as Israel against the Palestinian people.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs