HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

January 01, 2006

The "Happy New Year" is not so "Happy" for millions

Tens of thousands of prisoners in Kenya plan to skip their meal on Sunday to raise money for fellow Kenyans affected by food shortages.
Prisoners in jails across the country are hoping that by diverting funds for their meal to the charity Food Aid, it will help the starving.
Some 2.4 million people are threatened by severe drought across Kenya
.... .
Skipping a meal to help their fellow human beings! Given the condition they are in and the limitatios they face, that's really all they can do and what they are doing is a Nobel gesture. But if they can accept going hungry for the day, only in order to be able to take part in what is everybody's responsibility, then why can't we who most likely do not even need to go hungry at all, are not doing something? It is just a matter of giving a little to those who are in a desperate need for food. Chances are that we won't even notice any change in the day to day routine of our lives. Please give. Please give generously in anyway you can. Starvation is not just a word, it is a reality;A reality that is truly hurting people; people just like us, especially the children.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs