HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

April 30, 2007

Venunu: a "pain" that never goes away

Israeli "democracy"? My a**!

He was jailed in Israel for 18 years, during most of which time he was held in solitary confinement, for telling the world that Israel was hiding its nuclear weapons program. At the end of his jail term, he was "freed" but conditional to...well.. not being quite free. A condition which was added after his jail term had ended and not before beginning of the term.

At the time of his release in April 2004, Mordechai Venunu was once again barred from talking to the foreign media, despite the fact that there was no such a term included in his initial conviction back in 1986. As I said, this new requirement was only added to his terms of release, AFTER he had served his 18 years in prison.

Really! What is it that the "democratic" state of Israel is afraid of Venunu so much and makes every effort to shut him up?

P.S. Thanks to the commenter Jerome K Jerome, for pointing out a serious spelling error in my post.

Labels:

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs