HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

April 24, 2007

Boris Yeltsin: a hero or an angel of poverty and misery?

Former Russian president Boris Yeltsin has passed away.

Read the commentaries from different people; Russian and non-Russian, at these BBC pages. It is interesting that Yeltsin receives more praise from non-Russians than Russians who mostly blame him for bringing poverty and misery to Russia after collapse of the Soviet Union that was, some say, championed by Yeltsin.

Knowing BBC and the fact that it is not un-biased in publishing or not publishing comments from different people, I am sure there must be even more to the disapproval of Yeltsin by the Russian people (or the people from former Soviet Republics) than what BBC's selection of published comments would wants us to believe. Most of the praise is coming from westerners with, well... limited knowledge of the Soviet era (Thanks to their mainstream media). However, who really cares what the non-Russians think. They are not the ones who are directly affected by what Yeltsin brought to or took away from Russians.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs