HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 26, 2003

Long lasting decisions made again, by non-elected, US-installed government

After un-democratic idea of making long lasting economic decisions on behalf of the Iraqis regarding its oil and non-oil government-owned industries, now Secretary of State, Collin Powell "orders" its puppet Iraqi council to come up with a constitution for Iraq in six months.

The constitution would spell out whether Iraq should be governed by a presidential or parliamentary system. Well, again that non-elected puppet council is going to decide for Iraqis what they must want for the future of their country. Although the idea might sound good and mistakenly considered as a beginning to tyransfer of power to Iraqis, it is still a decision on an issue that is supposed to be with Iraq forever; we are talking Iraq's constitution. How could people such as Ahmad Chalabi who is not elected by people and at best is not even familiar with Iraqi culture should be one of those decision makers. It reminds me of Khomeinie's Velayat-e-faghih (total authority for the cleric) which practically expected people to have no say in the major decision makings, but with one differenced: Iran's new constitution after the revolution was written by some (although not truly representative) elected people and was put on vote by people. Although it was not much more than a show, it makes me wander if the current administration and Mr. Powell are less respectful of peoples' rights to choose their destiny and to democracy and its meaning than Khomeinie was.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs