HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 20, 2003

Widowmakers and Iraqi hearts and minds

..."We are in the northern city of Mosul with the Widowmakers - more formally the 2nd Brigade, 3rd Battalion-502nd Infantry of the 101st Airborne Division...."

"It is just that at the sharp end, there are contradictions in being both friend and occupying power. "

"....So, as the convoy of four Humvees pulls out, first they pass the sign which General Petraeus has ordered in all barracks: "What have you done to win Iraqi hearts and minds today?"

Then at the gate, the Widowmakers' traditional slogan: "Strike, Kill."...:

Read more.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs