HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

November 06, 2003

"I'm terrified about what is happening to my country"

An American "human shield's" ordeal upon returning from Iraq:
"My goal was to humanize the Iraqi people to Americans back home.
...When I got back they were waiting for me at the airport. The customs guy said, "What the hell were you doing? All those people over there hate us." I had just spent three weeks among the poorest people I had ever encountered, who were giving me the last of their food and a tremendous amount of hospitality, despite the fact that I was from a country that wanted to bomb them back to the Stone Age. They questioned me like I was a terrorist. I'm scared about what's happening to me, but I'm terrified about what is happening to my country. My real concern is that this is possible in the United States." Read the rest here .

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs