HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

January 07, 2004

Discharging from service: A sweet punishment

US to release 506 Iraqi prisoners. But King Paul Bremer said today that "No person directly involved in the death or serious bodily harm to any human being will be released." see here .

On the other hand, US only discharges and sends home those who "were found guilty of beating and harassing detainees at a detention camp in the south of the country. An internal inquiry found soldiers had thrown prisoners down and kicked them in the head, groin and abdomen in an incident at Camp Bucca last May."

Well, given the fact that more and more US troops are realizing that this is not just a video game, and there is a serious danger to their lives in Iraq and the fact that many wish to go back to their families, discharging of the guilty US soldiers can be an open invitation for more harassment and torturing of Iraqi prisoners. After all, that can be an effective way to get discharged and out of Iraq.

And I am also wondering if King Bremer will consider any "punishment" for these cheerful soldiers.

Additional:
Not the first time and won't be the last. US war history is full of war crimes. See Pentagon decided not to investigate it's own war crimes... (from "Toledo Blade" Newspaper).

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs