HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

January 02, 2004

Jannati attacks US aid motives

Speaking at Friday prayers, Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, who heads the powerful Council of Guardians, said the Americans were trying to exploit the disaster to seek relations with Iran. Read it here .

This is the stupidest thing that Jannati could have said while US aid is in Iran. I am absolutely not too crazy about the US leaders and current Bush administration, but while the victims are in urgent need for help and while world aid which partly consists of the aid from the US is pouring into Iran for the victims, only an stupid leader who doesn't care about the welfare of the people can make such comments.

I wouldn't give a damn if Jannati was attacking the US policies on any other issues, but it was just selfish and arrogant of him to attack the US while the US planes are bringing assistance into Iran (This is a disaster that if had happened in the US, Iran should have done the same anyway without politics involved). On the other hand, I am not surprised that Jannati has said that, after all, unlike the surviving victims of the earthquake, he and his likes are not spending time in the cold nights of Bam while shivering all the way through the night.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs