HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

December 30, 2003

Urgent: Iran quake toll may hit 50,000; calls for more aid

This was emailed to me by Pedram.

Dear friend;

As the extent of the tragedy in Iran gets worst by the hour, there's an urgent need for further help or those who survived the original ordeal but are injured or need basic needs to survive may also join the ever escalating death toll. Read this.

Mercy Corps has just announced they have passed the $185,000 mark for donations to aid their relief effort in Iran. I have made a personal pledge to do my best and try to raise that amount to quarter of a million dollars by tonight and I am begging for your help.

Please visit Mercy Corps or call 1.800.292.3355 or mail a small (no amount is literally too small) or large donation to: Mercy Corps, Iran Earthquake, Dept. W., PO Box 2669, Portland, OR 97208-266. We only need a mere $65,000 and all your $20, $50, $100 or $1,000donations will make this a very easy goal to achieve.

Also, it is easy to forward this message or better yet, write your own personal plea with the same information and send it to everyone in your email contact list and ask them for help it would be an effective yet easy way of helping those in need. There are banners on my personal weblog at www.eyeranian.net if you have a web site and wish to add them to your site.

I thank you in advance and look forward to writing you back with the news that we made it.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs