HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

December 30, 2003

Massive Humanitarian Needs in Earthquake Zone

A Mercy Corps team responding to the catastrophic earthquake in Bam, Iran reports that there are massive humanitarian needs throughout the city. The team, which arrived at the quake site early Saturday morning, reports that there is a tremendous need for tents and shelter as tens of thousands have been made homeless and are exposed to the winter elements. Access to drinking water also remains a major concern. Report .

Also The Boston Globe reports from Reuters that Some hungry children may have died in the freezing nights tormenting tens of thousands forced to sleep in the open at Bam, putting a premium on blankets and clothing as well as medicines. Read here .

Mercy Corps Phone: 1.888.256.1900
Donate online .

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs