HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

January 08, 2004

US responsible for the safety of Iranian decedents in Iraq

Peoples' Mojahedeen (MKO) members are in serious danger of an unholy deal between the government of Iran and the US-installed Iraqi Governing Council.

My intention of posting this is not to discuss the policies of the MKO in last two decades, but the fact is that about 4000 members of this Iranian group who opposes the government of Iran and had bases in Iraq, are now being held under US army watch. The latest that I've heard is the serious possibility of deportation of the members of this group to Iran.

Since the Iraqi governing Council is not a legitimate body to make decisions on behalf of Iraqis and in fact it only implements the policies of the US officials represented by Paul Bremer, the safety of the MKO members is the responsibility of the US government. If deported to Iran, it will not be surprising to see them all severely prosecuted, tortured and possibly executed.

What is the worrying point here, is the possiblity of a deal between Iran and the US to sacrify these decendents. The US is absolutely capable of making such a dirty deal, as it is not new practice by the US and in its foreign policies.

I believe that it is the responsibility of all decent people to speak up against this and to make sure this possible deal does not take place.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs