HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

May 04, 2004

Human beings; members of the same body

Since I am an Iranian, some wonder why I care so much about Iraq and Palestine issues and the suffering of those people. Yes, I write less about Iran and our own problems, I admit, it should change, but perhaps one of the reasons is that the issues related to Iran are covered in many blogs, and Western media is also covering it, although not with good intension, but it is there anyway. Beside, what is the difference between an Iraqi child and an Iranian child? Without trying to defend our own criminal regime, there is a reality and that is the fact that at least Iranian children are not bombed, or are not waken up with the bang of bombings, at least they are not as horrified as Iraqi and Palestinain children are. This is constantly happening to Iraqis, to Palestinians. Why should place of birth, something that no one had any control in choosing it, be an advantage or a disadvantage to anyone? I love my country, and I love my people, but I also love all the people, except the criminals, and no I am not talking about petty criminals. I am talking about the masters of crimes from those who are in power in Tehran to those who are in power in Washington (and well, now in Baghdad too) and Tel Aviv.

On the other hand, I have always felt that nationalism, is not very far from fascism, and if one is not very careful about his or her nationalistic views, s/he can easily fall into fascism; the disease that many are suffering from, perhaps without even knowing it. Just look at the right-wing blogs. What you see is most of the time, fascism under the umbrella of nationalism and patriotism. They might say they believe in equality, but they don't. Their attitude shows it.

Having said that, there is another main reason for my more extensive coverage of Iraq and Palestine that can be said in the following poem by Persian (Iranian)poet "Saadi Shirazi" in 13th century.

"Human beings are all members of one body.
They are created from the same essence.
When one member is in pain,
The others cannot rest.
If you do not care about the pain of others,
You do not deserve the title of human"


Thanks to "Six Pack", a commenter at Eyeranian for reminding us of this beautiful poem.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs