HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

May 02, 2004

Only few bad apples? May be, but bad apples on top. - Update

For some reasons, I could not watch This Video on my computer. It was broadcast by "Lateline ABC Australia" on April 29 and apparently shows how the Iraqi prisoners were treated by US forces.

Also, this is excerpts from writings of accused soldier who helped run Baghdad prison. It was given to Associated Press: "I questioned some of the things that I saw ... such things as leaving inmates in their cell with no clothes or in females' underpants, handcuffing them to the door of their cell. I questioned this and the answer I got was, 'This is how military intelligence (MI) wants it done.' MI didn't want any of the inmates talking to each other. This is what happened when they were caught talking.''

Also, in an article from The Guardian, that I came ascross Via Nema's Iranian truth, a former prisoner of Saddam regime describes his ordeal during his prisonment by the American forces:
An Exerpts of what is said: "Al-Shweiri said that while jailed by Saddam's regime, he was electrocuted, beaten and hung from the ceiling with his hands tied behind his back. "But that's better than the humiliation of being stripped naked," he said. "Shoot me here," he added, pointing between his eyes, "but don't do this to us.".... and "......When al-Shweiri left American detention, he said his hatred for Saddam was replaced with one for America and two months ago he joined the al-Mahdi Army of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr."

Meanwhile Nema says "The New Yorker, also has a good round-up of events":
"A fifty-three-page report, obtained by The New Yorker, written by Major General Antonio M. Taguba and not meant for public release, was completed in late February. Its conclusions about the institutional failures of the Army prison system were devastating.....".

No, the problem is not with a few bad apples, unless those bad apples are on top; the US Administration.

Update:
After UK army sources raised doubts about whether the images of UK troops abusing Iraqi prisoners were genuine, two serving members who gave the pictures to Daily Mirror have stood by their story and say: "The Army knows a lot more has happened." they also say "they represent only the tip of the iceberg." One said: "... I have seen literally hundreds of pictures." Also, in Monday's Mirror the soldiers, who wish to remain anonymous, claim " many pictures were destroyed in September when the troops' luggage was searched as they left Iraq. "

They also detail other alleged incidents of brutality towards local people, including a baton attack which left a prisoner with a compound fracture to his arm.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs