HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

July 08, 2004

Out of love, or much more?

“George, Linda and I are incredibly proud of you and Laura,” Enron CEO Ken Lay scrawled at the bottom of a letter he wrote to then-Gov. George W. Bush of Texas, Nov. 11, 1998. Bush had just won reelection with the generous financial backing of Enron, which had poured more than $700,000 into Bush’s campaign coffers.

“We hope that you will again actively support efforts to pass a bill restructuring the electric industry in Texas,” Lay continued. “Please have your team let me know what Enron can do to be helpful in not only passing electricity restructuring legislation but also in pursuing the rest of your legislative agenda.”.....
Yeah, THESE are the real powers behind US policies; domestic and international, not those idiots who are fooled by believing there really is a true democracy working for the ordinary Americans. Oh, Have you ever thought why people like Lay pay so generously to the campaign of people like Bush? I don't think it's out of love, or is it?

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs