HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

June 27, 2004

Shame on me!

Most of what I've written in this blog so far have been about the policies of the United States as the most powerful and influential country in the world, and policies of Israel as, in my opinion, one of the biggest threats to the security of the world. Every now and then, I have also touched the situation in Iran and wrote about its anti-democratic regime.

I admit that I have not written enough about other serious human tragedies that are going on around the world. Although I have sometimes mentioned the real starvation and deaths resulting from that around the world, I have not written enough of it. The thing is that I have many times thought about it but the tragedy is so obvious and a shameful to the citizens of earth to let that continue on, that I didn't even know how to write about it. Well, I still don't know how to do it. I have to admit that some times I even deliberately ignored it, well it would ruin my day, and perhaps that was extreme selfish of me to not search for more info about what is really happening these days to those people who feel the pain of starvation so long until they die; by painful deaths. By ignoring this, I might have saved my "pleasant" day by not letting bad news take the pleasure of being with my children from me. BUT, IT IS HAPPENING, no matter if I want to hide from it. I love my children, but I am sure that goes for the parents of the starving children who witness their children SLOWLY perish right before their helpless eyes. One has to just put himself/herself in their shoes for a minute to see why this is a shame for humanity and to see why we have a moral responsibility to do something about it. A responsibility we have collectively failed to live up to.

People in Darfur, Sudan are starving, It means they are HUNGRY. I know every body knows what starvation means, but no, many of us don't know what it really means, as simple as that. Their children have no strength left in them to even take the bugs off their faces. THEY ARE SUFFERING. REAL SUFFERING and that continues as you reading these words. I am helpless. I don't know what to say and what to write. Please make a discussion out of this issue here to see what we can do to help. Speak of practical solutions. Tell others what you suggest be done. Talk about it. Please do; either here or on your own blogs.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs