HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 11, 2004

September 11 2001 wasn't the only horrible September 11

The following are some posts that originally appeared on my blog on or around September 11 of 2003.

To some, September 11 is not always September 11
September 11 came and passed. We continued hearing about the truly inhumane action against 3000 people. Everywhere the talk was about it; Moments of silence here and there, half raised flags. We heard and heard and heard. Yes, it was significant enough an event that no matter how much it is talked about, it is not enough. I heard on CBC radio the shivery voice of a father who was talking about his fire fighter son who was killed in New York two years ago. He was talking about his son with such a sorrow in his voice that could easily move the listener. "He was a wonderful young man": he said about his son. and after a few moments of silence, his voice was even more shivery: " I....I....I am not going to see him....again" he continued. and then you could easily picture his wet and teary face with shivery cheeks and lips. It was sad, truly sad. This can also be said about those children who lost thier fathers or mothers that day and about many more people who are still truly devastated from thier loss.
But,

Chilian "Towers"

Courtesy Le Monde, with thanks to Rezwan

But, why are we not human enough to feel that other fathers and mothers, other children, other wives feel no less devastated than this father? Why do we let the media bring tears on our eyes only for those they want us to cry for? Why do we subject ourselves and our emotions to whatever the media wants to do with them. How many times in last 30 years have we heard about more than 3000, that is right 3000 victims, of the US-backed Chilian Coup d'etat in 1973? That's right, September 11, 1973. How many times have we droped some tears for those victims many of whom died (not a quick death but) by some slow deaths under turture of General Pinochet's forces. How many times have we heard about the role Dr. Kissinger played in that crime against the humanity?

Daily repeated September 11's around the world
Just a wish:
I hope there will soon be an end to the events similar to the September 11 attack, wars and Invasion of other countries, killing of innocent civilians either by F16 jets or by suicide bombing or by starvation. Human deserves better than this, much better.This is just a wish, but hey, if there is no hope, there will be no meaningful life either. So let me have my fantacy for now; it won't hurt.


|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs