HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

February 03, 2005

Bush's real State of the Union - 2005

The following is what I posted last year after Bush's State of the Union speech. I see it still quite relevant this year. Of course this needs to be updated; obviously for the worse.
***
Forget about what Bush says. (Although still dumb, He has become an experienced actor). Forget about his stupid and ugly smile that reminds me of Rafsanjani's smile. Just look at the numbers.

A few examples:
- Number of coffins of dead soldiers returning home from Iraq that the Bush administration has allowed to be photographed: (0)
- Number of funerals or memorials that President Bush has attended for soldiers killed in Iraq: (0)
- Number of fund-raisers attended by Bush or Vice-President Dick Cheney in 2003: (100)
- Amount of US budget surplus in the year that Bush became President in 2001: ($127 billion)
- Amount of US budget deficit in the fiscal year for 2003: ($374 billion)
- Average wealth of the members of Bush's original 16-person cabinet: ($10.9 million)
- Average savings members of Bush's cabinet are expected to enjoy this year as a result in the cuts in capital gains and dividends taxes: ($42,000)
- Number of members of Bush's defence policy board who also sit on the corporate board of, or advise, at least one defence contractor: (9)
- George W Bush became the first American president to ignore the Geneva Conventions by refusing to allow inspectors access to US-held prisoners of war: (1st)

What are you waiting for? Go ahead read it, if you can face the reality.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs