HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

July 08, 2005

Barbarism is barbarism; in any shape or form

It is easy for Tony Blair to call yesterdays bombings "barbaric" - of course they were - but what were the civilian deaths of the Anglo-American invasion of Iraq in 2003, the children torn apart by cluster bombs, the countless innocent Iraqis gunned down at American military checkpoints? When they die, it is "collateral damage"; when "we" die, it is "barbaric terrorism".

Well said Robert (Fisk).

Blair can be as racist and as arrogant as he wants, but the fact remains that all the civilian victims; regardless of their nationalities and regardless of where they were victimized and by who, are victims of barbarism, no matter if it is Anglo-American barbarism or fundamentalist barbarism. London bombing was absolutely criminal and absolutely outrageous, but so were all the Anglo-American bombings of Iraqi cities that have resulted in far more civilian casualties in that country. and has left, not just a neighborhood, not just a city, but an entire country in ruins and chaos.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs