HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

December 28, 2003

Rescue operations to end on Sunday, but why so soon? - Update

I hope this is not true but if it is, it is damn stupid. They rescue 200 people alive from under the rubbles, but they (UN and local authorities) decide to put an end to rescue operations Sunday.

Rescue operations should only stop when there hasn't been anybody rescued for a while as an indication that nobody is alive anymore. But how could they make such stupid decision and announce it right after rescuing 200 survivors! Read here .

There might be many people still alive under the rubble. This decision is wrong at this time. They should give it more time. If they don't find any survivors for some time, then they should stop the operations.

I know, I am not there and it might seem to be unwise to make such comment, but if they hadn't rescued 200 people alive just moments before the announcement, this could have been a right decision.

There have been many cases where people were rescued after up to one week. Please voice your concern before it is too late. If this saves one more person, it is worthwhile. Call your family and friends in Iran and ask them to pressure the authorities to continue the rescue operations for now.

Update:
The latest report by IRNA 0n Dec. 28, suggests that over 1000 people have been rescued (more reason why rescue operation must continue)

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs