HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

December 27, 2003

Non-Iranian/tourists notes about the quake

These note were left on BBC online by non-Iranians who visited Bam in last few years

I visited Bam 2 years ago. The hospitality of the people cannot be matched anywhere in the world. The loss of so much life in such a remarkable place is a sad day for the world.
Steve Mcgrath, Canada

I was in Bam only four weeks ago, and the people there were fantastic. My heart is with them. If anyone has more information about Akbar's guesthouse and Abar and his family, please let me know...many people travelling in Iran love this man and place.
David Wuyts, Antwerp, Belgium

I was in Bam in June this year (2003). The earthquake is a piece of shocking news to me as well as all of the people who has visited there before. As a backpacker I think all of us are concerning whether our friend Mister Akbar and his family is alright or not. He runs a pretty good guesthouse in Bam that almost all of the travellers stay there. His hospitality and his philosophical attitude towards life made the Akbar's Guesthouse a little paradise in that oasis. If anybody has any news about Akbar and his family, please let us know! I keep my fingers cross to them, and the victims of the disaster.
Chung Wah CHOW, HONG KONG, CHINA

I visited Bam as a tourist last Friday. The 2000 year-old city of 11,000 people was totally intact and you could imagine the people living their lives there. This is a great tragedy for the world.
Fred Fishkin, New York, USA

I think the whole world is shocked at the scale of this earthquake, and all our sincere sympathies are with the people of Iran. May I urge everyone to contribute some practical support in the form of immediate donations. Organisations like International Red Cross have setup urgent appeal funds. Please donate even something, it will all help.
Rob Jones, UK

I visited Bam in the year 2001. Totally captivated by its rich cultural heritage and the hospitality of the people. So sad to hear that a great deal perished. Iran is a treasure-trove full of jewels of civilisation and its people intelligent and friendly. My deepest condolences to all who have suffered from the tragedy.
Wong Bik Chee, Hong Kong, China

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs