HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

December 28, 2003

We have incredible people in Iran

I just spoke to my sister in Tehran. From what I hear from her I see nothing but reasons to be proud of my people. She says in Tehran, people have completely interrupted their normal lives and are doing all they can to help the victims. In all neighborhoods, people (independent from the government) have set up tents and are collecting monetary and non-monetary assistance. My Nieces and nephews have donated all their last few months savings to the victims. My sister and my brother-in-law have donated one month of their salary to the victims.

A close and very trusted friend (who has lost some relatives in Bam) is going to go to Bam with the help she is collecting from friends and neighbors. She is being asked for her bank account number and money is being poured into her account.

According to my sister, from 12 tourists who were in Bam at the time, 10 are unharmed, one is injured and one is dead. The surviving tourists joined the rescue efforts from first minutes after the quake. They have described Iranians as incredible as they have said even those who sustained serious injuries were trying to make sure their guests (the tourists) were fine.

All I hear from my sister whose reporting I trust, suggests that this tragedy has shown how good the people are. No one is living a normal life in Tehran these days.

Our people are doing all they can despite their limitations, let us do our part. Please give generously. Some recommended ways for donations here and here .

I have been trying to avoid politics during this critical time, but I have to say: "Damn that government who does not deserve such a kind people".

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs