HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

September 12, 2004

They are as much Iranian as I am!

"Any kilometer you are coming into you think that you are going 10 years backward. I could not even imagine," said Jawad, who has spent 22 of his 23 years in the Iranian capital.
It is heart-breaking to see Jawad and many other Afghan refugees, some of whom have spent most of their lives in Iran, forced out of the country. During so many decades living in Iran, these Afghan refugees have become part of the family. They are part of the nation. They are our friends. They are our brothers and sisters. They are us.

During the time they spent in Iran, they did the harshest works that many Iranians refused to do. They are mostly hardworking individuals who have done more than their part in building anything that has been built in the country. They must have the right to obtain Iranian citizenship if they choose so. It is disappointing to see them go. It is incredibly racist and unjustified forcing them out of Iran; their home.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs