HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

February 12, 2005

Generous in bombing; proud history!!!

I came across this at Whoman's.

What country is the most bombed country in the history of the world?

Vietnam, Afghanistan, Germany, or Japan?

You would tilt towards Vietnam, wouldn’t you? Well, the answer is Laos. Imagine every eight minutes a bomber unloads its bombs, and that happens 24 hours a day seven days a week for nine straight years. That is the story of Laos between 1964 to 1973. Apart from being the front of America’s Secret War, Laos was also the dumping ground of the bombs that needed to be unloaded before bombers could return, enroute from Vietnam, to their bases. The tonnage of the bombs dropped simply exceeds all the bombs used during the WWII by all sides combined. As you can imagine, collecting shrapnels and bombs, many of them still undetonated, is a
lucrative business in that country these days. But that is just adding to the number of people killed or maimed every year by one of the legacies of the Secret War.

The only surprising thing to me in this post is, not what happened then, but where it happened.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs