HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

February 04, 2005

Rumsfeld really IS afraid of traveling to Germany

WASHINGTON—U.S. Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld conceded yesterday that fears he could be charged as a war criminal may keep him from a conference in Germany set for next week.

A lawsuit filed by the New York-based Centre for Constitutional Rights with German prosecutors accuses Rumsfeld and other senior U.S. officials with war crimes for their part in the Abu Ghraib prison torture scandal.

Until Rumsfeld was asked about the possibility at a news briefing, the Pentagon had maintained it was merely a scheduling conflict which could prevent him from attending the Munich Conference on Security Policy, an annual event which draws top defence officials from all over the world.

Read the rest here.

How much this case will go ahead, and how much pressure the US will put on Germany to drop the case, I don't know. But, at least symbolicaly this is a good start.

First it was "scheduling conflict", but now, he does admit that he IS afraid of going to Germany. Well, I hope this is just the beginning, not just for Abu Ghraib tortures, but for all other crimes that Rumsfeld along with his other gang members have committed against humanity.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs