HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

This blog represents the way I see some of the most significant events impacting the world and its citizens. This blog also represents how I react to the events as a member of humanity with a voice, a determined voice that insists to be heard. The voice of an Iranian who loves his country but his priority is humanity; humanity without border. I will say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and how I want to say it, but I will never lie. I will also listen; I promise.

October 10, 2005

Do what you would expect others to do for you

Once again, another disaster has struck our fellow world citizens. A powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.6 on the Richter scale, has left more than 19,000 people dead, at least 42,000 may have been injured and some four million may be left without shelter. The quake was centred in Pakistan-administered Kashmir, approximately 95 km north-east of the capital, Islamabad, shaking cities and villages across Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.

There is no need to tell why, we, all of us, have the responsibility to act and to do our best in this situataion. So, I make the story short; don't buy that cup of coffee today, don't buy that un-neccessary T-shirt today, don't buy that case of bear today, eat at home; don't go to the restaurant today. Don't do what you really don't have to do today or for a couple of days if it would result in saving some money. The cost of these non-essential shoppings, can save lives in the devastated region. Please visit the Canadian Red Cross society here and make a donation as large as you can. You can also donate at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent.

Remember! This is the least we can do. Let's not fail in doing that. Let's make it easier to look at ourselves in the mirror.

|
Top iran blogs award

HUMAN first, then a proud IRANIAN

Top iran blogs